Who are Scottish Craft Butchers?
"Scottish Craft Butchers" is the consumer facing branding for members of the Scottish Federation of Meat Traders Association
Currently celebrating it's 100th year, the Scottish Federation offers a range of services specifically to support craft butchers. They are the only organisation dedicated to representing and promoting the interests of Scottish butchers by:-
- listening to members views to instigate and maintain dialogue with agencies and authorities to specifically advance Scottish craft butchers.
- sharing and encouraging best practice through quality training and development of craft skills and knowledge.
- highlighting the service, value and quality delivered through the expertise of Scottish butchers.
- assisting members with issues of compliance in particular with food safety, health and safety and employment law.
- encouraging product development that responds to changing customer needs and the healthy eating agenda.
- providing advice to members on all aspects of the retail meat trade, continually informing on emerging knowledge and legislation.